Business Services & Consulting
Equib is a specialist consultancy providing uncertainty analysis, management and decision support for organisations, projects and programmes of all sizes, both domestically and overseas.
Due to the growth and development of the business, and ongoing client demand we require Graduate Risk Analysts who have a strong analytical skills to join the team, and help us fulfil our current opportunities on large infrastructure programmes, at various locations in the UK.
We are searching for a graduate to start work in September 2024 following successful achievement of a 2:1 degree or higher. No prior understanding of Risk Management is required.
· £30,000 salary
· Pension – Employer Contribution 8% base salary.
· Private Health Insurance.
· Death-in-Service Insurance.
· Income Replacement Insurance.
· Discretionary Bonus.
· Membership of professional organisation
· Cycle to work scheme
· 24 days holiday (exclusive of 8 statutory holidays)
Your key responsibilities will be:
· Ensuring you become effective in the production of qualitative and quantitative modelling for both time & cost;
· Supporting in risk management activities within specific project that are part of programme including reporting.
· Assist with facilitation of workshops in a client environment, using advanced methods for risk, value and lessons learnt processes.
· Supporting day-to-day risk management activities including identification, prioritisation, register management, action planning and monitoring.
· Supporting the production of periodic risk reporting including profiled risk expenditure, impacted risk / drawdown and risk exposure changes.
· Supporting the Risk Managers in demonstrating the delivery of value and reduction of risk exposure through active mitigation of threats and maximisation of opportunities.
You will need the following skills:
· Strong communication, interpersonal and facilitation skills.
· Able to work within client programme and project delivery teams.
· Good people skills and ability to communicate / interface effectively with a variety of client team members – project managers, engineers etc.
· Experienced user of computer software products, including Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point and Access.
· Ability to plan, manage and prioritise work to meet deadlines and quality expectations.
· Good standard of report writing and presentation of data.
· You must be able to use your own initiative, and be highly motivated to develop themselves and the company.
What the role will provide you:
· Experience of working in a client environment.
· Experience in the construction and infrastructure sectors.
· Experience and training in the application of Quantitative Risk Analysis (QRA) techniques and tools, both Cost and Schedule; along with the necessary propriety analysis software tools.
· Experience and training using Risk Management tools.
· Experience in the delivery of risk throughout the project lifecycle including support of investment decisions and delivery/implementation phases.
· Understanding of construction contracts and the relationship between risk management and controls/management functions including: project management, change control, planning and scheduling, cost and commercial management and reporting.
· Experience in definition and delivery of risk management plans within projects.
· An understanding of planning techniques and tools
· Active support in the pursuit of further relevant qualifications and / or membership of a professional body (e.g. Master’s degree, Institute of Risk Management, etc.).